Monday, December 1, 2014

Why I Want to Be a Black Belt - By Isabelle Knight

        WHY I WANT TO BE A BLACK BELT 
                          By Isabelle Knight 

    When I was in 2nd grade my parents told me I needed to do an activity after school. My friends were all doing lots of activities such as cheer, horseback riding, softball, track, and dance. I tried gymnastics and drawing but those did not work out because I did not enjoy them. But after beginning Taekwondo and becoming involved in it, I began to enjoy other activities I now do: dance, choir, and robotics.  
    The first reason why I want to be a black belt is so I can teach at Strickland’s Taekwondo.  I believe Taekwondo is very good for the mind and the body. I would recommend Taekwondo to anyone big, small, young, or old. Also, when you teach something you learn a lot more than if 
you are being taught by someone else. I would be honored to be a part of something like that.   
    One other reason I want to be a black belt is so that I can achieve more belts after black. I do not want to stop at black belt. I want to have 1st degree, 2nd degree, and 3rd degree black belt.  
I feel more athletic, more strong, more tough, and healthier when I am taking Taekwondo. I get a lot more physical and mental exercise. Also, after class, I am always sweaty and out of breath which makes me feel good. 
I have already become smarter from studying Taekwondo. I know because my grades went up after starting Taekwondo. Also, I got into the gifted and talented program at school. My parents say I am more focused since I started taking Taekwondo.  
    I want to achieve something I have worked so long for. I started Taekwondo on January 12, 2012 and I am still involved in it. That’s about 3 years from when I started. I love that I still am involved in Taekwondo for this long.   Another reason that I want to be a black belt is so I can defend myself. If a bully is trying to 
physically hurt me,  I know what to do. Also, if someone pushes me and I trip I can fall without hurting myself.  
    One other reason I want to be a black belt is so that I can encourage other children and adults to start taking Taekwondo classes because like I said earlier, Taekwondo is great for the mind and body. It would be a wonderful thing to be a role model like that.       My last reason that I want to be a black belt is so that people can be proud of me. Today, 
friends and family will be proud of me. But in the future, my kids and grandkids will also be 
proud of me.  
    I hope to always be successful in life such as getting a a doctor’s degree and starting my own business. But I will always remember the day I got my black belt. When I do get it, I will be so happy and proud of how far I have come in only three wonderful years! It also means I will have accomplished a life goal before the age of 11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment