Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Collin Thomas - Why I Want to Be a Black Belt

Collin Thomas - Why I Want to Be a Black Belt


I began taekwondo with Strickland’s Taekwondo at the age of 5. I do not really remember why I started, I guess because my mom signed me up.   It was one of the best decisions my mom made for me.  After I started and got a little older and knew what I was doing, I really enjoyed it because I felt I was getting stronger.  I also became more confident and was not afraid of kids. 

Getting to be a black belt would be a major accomplishment for me.   Learning self defense and how to fight is pretty cool.  Also, since Mr. Strickland makes class fun, I thought I would stick with taekwondo because it is a sport I really enjoy.  I like getting sweaty and I love playing around.  But most importantly, I want to be a black belt because I want to be a leader.  I never really lead anything or taught anyone anything and I see being a black belt as allowing me to do those things.   My ultimate goal is to become an instructor and I have to be a black belt in order to do that.

Throughout my 5 years at Strickland’s Teakwondo, I have earned many belts.  Each time I am very excited because it brings me a few steps closer to becoming a black belt. The forms are very challenging when you get down the line for the different belts.  The fact that I made it this far is incredible to me.  I can not stop now until I reach my goal and even then I will keep going.   I take testing very seriously.  Every time I prepare to test, I think about 3 things - forms, sparring, and board breaking.

Becoming a black belt would be a dream come true.  A black belt stands for the strongest belt ever.  It is the top belt for me.  I know that getting a black belt does not come easy and it takes a lot of hard work to get it.  It will be the hardest test for me because it is so important to me.  I would be so proud to become a black belt.  It would mean that I could tell everyone about my accomplishment and also let my little brother see that I made it to black belt.  My teachers would be proud of me and my parents.  I can also inspire my little brother to get his black belt one day.  

When I pass the black belt test, I will wear my black belt with pride.  I will jump for joy and thank God for allowing me to pass.  I would thank all the instructors when I go to shake their hands.  I will be so exited in the inside because it would mean that I never gave up in over 5 years and I stuck with something and accomplished my goal.  I would also thank Mr. Strickland because he always believed in me and he always encourage me.  He is a really nice man and if it was not for him I probably would have quit but he kept me motivated and I have to thank him for that.  Even if I do not pass my first try for black belt, I will test again and again until I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment