Friday, October 23, 2015

Why do I want to be a Black Belt? Karunyah Nimallan

Why do I want to be a Black Belt?
My name is Karunyah Nimallan and I am 10 years old.
I am excited to get my promotional black belt and having a lot of thoughts in my mind on the path that I came all the way here and the reasons why it lead me to the next level.
Looking a few years back, I was three years old when my parents gave me different choices to explore my strength. I started off with Ballet dancing at the beginning for a few weeks but gladly I ended up in Taekwondo that I love to follow.  Well, it is all started with the friendly environment provided by Mr Strickland and Mr Drew. The Taekwondo forms prepared my brain to remember the steps and execute in sequence.  It was difficult at the beginning but with time, I got used to do this as routine. As an accomplishment, I never repeated a belt.The exercises that were given to me made me a stronger person. I could be able to break one-inch board when I was nine. Sparring sessions were really helped me to build my confident to the next level. I feel I can protect myself from others who may intend to hurt me physically. Of course the above mentioned facts show how my self-confident level is that I gained throughout this journey.
Then the disciplines come to my mind. The key words of curtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control and indomitable spirit influence me largely.
With all these experience that I gain, still the slogan “Discover the champion within” really motivates me to explore my strengths and beyond. As Taekwondo has become a significant part of my life, I wanted to achieve several goals. I am sure they will lead me to be a good citizen with excellent morale.
I learnt to be humble and show respect to elders and others.  I would like to continue be very helpful to my parents appreciating the effort they are making to build a good future for myself. Showing greater respect continually for them and other elders towards learning through their experiences.
I will continue to focus on this to be a leader and a good example for my little sister to follow me as a model character. She got interested in Taekwondo following my foot-steps. I feel I have more responsibility to guide and make her successful in her life.
I leant to be honest and to live with moral principles. I will continue this in my life believing that it will give me good friends around me. This will also make me a better person who is trustworthy. I see how my little sister builds her trust on me when I be honest.
I leant to deal with difficulties with perseverance without giving up. I couldn’t break the boards recently during the practice even after several tries. I tried and tried but later my dad figured out that perhaps the board got harden for some reasons. I was confident and tried the new boards where I managed to break them in one shot. This lessons is a good example on how I am committed to be a person with perseverance and to try harder and harder until I reach my goals.

I am learning to control myself without getting emotional.  This is one hard thing for a small girl like me but I want to be really better at this with time.
Another area that I really wanted to focus as commitment to my back belt is speed. Not only in executing the form and sparring, but also in my daily activities I wanted to do things faster and with consistence performance.
I also take this opportunity to thank Mr. Strickland, Mr. Drew and other instructors who really helped and motivated me to sail thorough this exciting journey with a lot of fun.  Of course my gratitude goes to my parents and my little sister for their continued support.
Yes, I want to be a black belt that I dreamed about. It is not just a belt but I believe it is a part of my life emphasizing my priorities to reach in the future. I am certain that one of the success factors for me to be a good citizen would be my black belt in Taekwondo.







1 comment:

  1. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. martial arts academy in Lee\'s Summit mo

    ReplyDelete