Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Why I Want to be a Black Belt and What it Means to Me By:Mahi Athota

Why I Want to be a Black Belt and What it Means to Me
                 By:Mahi Athota
October 2015


   We all have that one sport that makes us happy.On the worst days it brightens your world.Some days you feel like no one can beat you.I have tried many sports when I was younger but finally I knew I found the one. Taekwondo! Before Stricklands Taekwondo I went to another dojo.There something was not right but when I changed to Stricklands Taekwondo I knew this is were I wanted to get my black belt.I've been going to Stricklands for about two years.It never gets boring here there is always something new to learn in every class.I have also made great friends there.
   You may say anyone can get a black belt. That is not true only those who truly love taekwondo reach their black belt.Many people drop out before getting there.A black belt is not just a thing you put on your waist.It is a symbol of what you have learned and mastered.It also shows you are not only physically but mentally  strong.Most people doing taekwondo have had a no change while getting their black belt.If you made it to black belt it  shows you are passionate about taekwondo and you never gave up.It may take a couple of years but once you get it you know you earned it.A black belt is not something you buy,it is something that shows the challenges you have faced and overcame.You are also carrying history with you because all the forms you know have been passed down generation to generation.You are continuing that tradition.
    I have learned many things in taekwondo. Whether it is how to defend myself or be a good person.I want a black belt to know that I have proven myself in taekwondo. With a black belt I know for sure I can defend myself and others.It will prove all my years of hard work were worth it.After I get my black belt I’m not going to stop but continue.To me first degree and after show I have completed the bacics and other levels of diffculties. With my black belt I can learn how to teach others.With a black belt I will have even more confidence in my self.I will know I succeeded a hard goal.When I get my black belt it will show I’m not the scared little girl I was when I started.
      There is no way to describe how bad I want a black belt. Sure many people may say they want to get a black belt.The difference is I will get a black belt.A black belt means many things to me.Mainly to me it is a symbol of accomplishment and success. a symbol of what you have accomplished and how far you have came.I’m never going to forget how hard it is to get one.I cannot wait for the moment I get my black belt at the belt ceremony.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an inspiration! I know she uses her black belt every day! Especially because you can't buy one! And she knows how to use punctuation!

    ReplyDelete