Friday, October 23, 2015

Why I want to be a Black Belt - By: Ethan Contreras

Why I want to be a Black Belt


I want to be a black belt so I can get a good job.  Participating in taekwondo will help me get a good job because it shows I can stick to a program and finish it. Taekwondo will help me get into a good college so I will have a good education and give me a wider selection of choices of my job. Also, I can defend myself and others if they are getting hurt so I won't come home with a black eye or a broken collarbone. Taekwondo also helps me stay in good shape because
Work out 2 times a week. I can use what I have learned to teach my brother the black belt form when he becomes a black belt.  By learning the forms, he can defend himself so he won't get hurt. Taekwondo also I can use what  I learned lets me get my energy out so I won't be hyper when I get home and my parents won't yell at me. My dad says you never forget the moves so it could help me a lot in the future plus I can teach my son how to defend himself and others. I could also teach Nick because he wants to learn the forms and more so he could protect
Himself and others. As well tell my family and relatives about it I can use my form to entertain them and show them the moves I learned. My family likes to hear about my sparring and tournaments.  I don't want to fight with  my friend  but if he joins  then  I could spar against  him and see who wins then I could finally stop arguing with  him and move on past that. Jack and I spar at home sometimes when we don’t go to taekwondo class. I could eventually do the weapons class when my schedule isn't so crowded with soccer and track. If I decide to work at a dangerous job, like a repo man, my taekwondo skills will get me out of tough times. I might consider being a security guard; if the robbers are trying to steal a sixty inch TV I could knock them out. Working hard at taekwondo helps me with my technique and makes my kicks and punches more powerful to help me break through a board. I sort of want to become an instructor so I can make a living off of it. It seems fun teaching kids to teach their form and watch them test for free.  Hopefully I can keep doing this for a long time.  I am excited to
Continue with my taekwondo experience and to learn new things along the way especially good
Manners because you want us to say the tenants of taekwondo like courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control and indomitable spirit. For all these reasons and even more this is why I want to be a black belt. Thank you Mr. Strickland, Mr. Drew and all of the other instructors.








By: Ethan Contreras

No comments:

Post a Comment